HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Out of This World {Stuck?! Sketches March 15 Challenge + Paper Issues Pinspire Me Challenge}

We've got a new sketch for you at Stuck?! Sketches! Here's what I made with the sketch:


And here's the awesome sketch Laura created for us. As you can see, I followed the sketch pretty closely, with a few changes. Instead of matting the whole layout, I added some patterned paper to the top and bottom of the layout, and I substituted the notebook paper with that astronaut image and moved it to the right.


So, I'm making pages for my students again this year, and sometimes, I just draw a blank. I turned to Paper Issues to see if I could find some inspiration there to give me a jumpstart, and I found this mood board on their Pinspire Me challenge. The space images on the mood board reminded me of the rockets in the Pink Paislee Wild Child collection. I haven't been doing as much mixed media lately, but the image in the top center of the mood board reminded me that I should bring my water colors and stamps back out.

No automatic alt text available.

Here are some details. All the papers on this layout are from the Pink Paislee Wild Child 6 x 6 pad, and the rockets and planets are from that collection as well. The grid stamp in the background is an old Studio Calico stamp. Gotta love the old BasicGrey letter stickers. I'm quite sure I've got every set they ever made, and I can always find a set in just the color I need.


Here's a shot of the other side. I think the astronaut was cut out of one of the Wild Child papers.


I had a piece of notebook paper from an old Creative Imaginations journaling pad that I had tried out where the notebook paper is in the sketch, but I couldn't make it work, and that's when I decided I'd just go ahead an make a cluster at the top. 


I hope you'll come play with us at Stuck?! Sketches. We've got two awesome sponsors donating gift certificates to to lucky participants!




cubeupload

1 comment:

Laura Creates said...

This is such a fabulous page, love your mixed media and stamped background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...